16+ Open Evening - 9 October at 6.30pm
- Start date:
- 9th Oct 2018
- Start time:
- End date:
- 9th Oct 2018
- End time:
It is with pleasure that we invite Year 11 students and parents to the 16+ Open Evening on Tuesday 9 October commencing at 6.30pm. We hope it will give you the opportunity to find out about the Sixth Form, the opportunities available to you and all the courses on offer here at The Long Eaton School.
2019 - 2020 is promising to be an exciting year as we are again celebrating our results with the best ever achieved points score per entry. 25% of students achieved at least two A*- B grades and 19% achieved three A*-B grades in all of their subjects. It is again an excellent testament to the hard work of students and staff in our dynamic and nurturing environment. Many of our leavers from 2018 have left us to commence university studies with almost 40% attending Russell Group universities from September 2018 (Leeds, Nottingham, Bristol, and Birmingham) and other students leaving us to take on Higher Apprenticeships with organisations such as Boots.
Joining a new school is a big decision, and we want you to make an informed decision. Ultimately you have to find a physical, social, pastoral and academic environment where you are going to be happy, working towards your future goals. That’s why we feel visiting the school is essential. Here are some other things to consider about TLES 16+;
- Our results have improved every year for the last 7 years and are at their best ever.
- We have a strong pastoral team in place, that provide personal support and guidance for post 18 progression, as well as social and emotional support. Students meet tutors 4 times a week, which means our tutors know students well. Our administrative and welfare support are on call throughout the day.
- Life in the sixth form is fun. Through the year there are various social activities, as well as charitable fundraising events for students to participate in. A relaxed and bright common room is the centre of our learning environment that is described by students as happy, safe and productive. We recognise that learning must be fun as well.
- External students are welcomed, integrated and settle quickly. Each year new students join us and quickly make new friends.
- Our facilities are new, bright and were designed to suit the needs of 16+ students. Quiet study spaces, new catering facilities and a large common room make for a great place to learn.
- Students may qualify for the 16-19 Bursary. A fund established to provide some financial support towards the costs of Post 16 education.
Mrs Devine and Mr Caton will be giving a short presentation at 6.30pm and again at 7.15pm that will provide details of life in the Sixth Form and expectations of students. The Sixth Form Centre and its facilities will be open and on show, and of course all of the specialist subject staff will be on hand to provide information and to answer questions about studying in the Sixth Form. There will also be current students from both Years 12 and 13 to give the valuable student perspective.
school prospectus and application forms will be available on arrival. If you are unable to attend, but would like any information
regarding the subjects on offer, please contact Miss Shiels via email on, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are more than happy to arrange another time for you to come and visit our