Trust websites

Downloads

16+ Application Form

16+ Prospectus

Welcome to Drama

"Back through the ages of barbarism and civilisation, in all tongues, we find this instinctive pleasure in the imitative action that is the very essence of all drama." George P. Baker

Imagination, creativity, collaboration, performance and reflection form the ethos of The Long Eaton School's approach to the Performing Arts. We strive to bring Drama into the experience of all students, to help them discover their dramatical talents and to celebrate their achievements. Students develop performance and devising skills and also focus on reflection and evaluation. They are encouraged to take part in performances outside the classroom, and to develop creative, independent and collaborative learning skills. Whilst transferable skills are essential to learners in the present global climate, the intrinsic value of self-expression and creative achievement through Drama is a key role of the Drama provision.

Drama is taught in a practical way, with students taking part in live performances to audiences of their peers, their parents and younger students. The experiences they gain prepare them to engage with the world of Drama outside the classroom.

Key Stage 5:

A Level students study Edexcel Drama and Theatre over 9 hours per fortnight. They develop knowledge, skills and understanding of Drama practitioners and text through intensive practical study. Social, cultural, political and historical context are also delivered alongside study.

Course Details - Drama

Course Details - Performing Arts

Next event

see all events

Latest tweets

follow us on Twitter @TLES16
  • 20th June 2019

RT @CinderellaTles: Tickets for Wednesday and Thursday are 2 for £10! Make sure you buy your tickets now, all money raised is being donate...
  • 17th June 2019

RT @YoungMindsUK: 💛 Do something you love ✍️ Keep a diary of the positives 🎯 Set mini goals Our Activist Tara shares six ways you can boos...
  • 13th June 2019

@TrentUni @guardian Well done NTU! 🙌