Trust websites

Downloads

16+ Application Form

16+ Prospectus

Welcome to Music

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent" - Victor Hugo

Imagination, creativity, collaboration, performance and reflection form the ethos of The Long Eaton School's approach to the Performing Arts. We strive to bring music into the experience of all students, to help them discover their musical talents and to celebrate their musical achievements. Students develop performance and composition skills and also focus on reflection and evaluation. They are encouraged to take up or continue to learn to play musical instruments, and to develop creative, independent and collaborative learning skills. Whilst transferable skills are essential to learners in the present global climate, the intrinsic value of self-expression and creative achievement through music is a key role of the music curriculum.

Music is taught in a practical way, with students taking part in live performances, publishing their composition work and using a variety of musical instruments and industry standard software. The experiences they gain prepare them to engage with the world of music outside the classroom.

Key Stage 5:

KS5 Music students study Eduqas AS and A2 Music over 9 hours per fortnight. Students develop performance skills, compose music and learn about both classical and more contemporary styles of music.

Pupils are encouraged to use our many rehearsal spaces at lunchtimes and after school for their own individual and group rehearsals. If you are a pupil wanting to book a room please click on the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/3Pn4dIKj4jCbvINq2

Like and follow the Performing Arts Department Facebook page to keep up to date with the many exciting activities and events that take place throughout the year.

Course Details - Music

Course Details - Music Diploma

Next event

see all events

Latest tweets

follow us on Twitter @TLES16