Trust websites

Downloads

16+ Application Form

16+ Prospectus

Welcome to French

"Avoir une autre langue, c'est posséder une deuxieme Γ’me "

- Charlemagne

The Modern Foreign Language team aim to:

• Broaden students' horizons to accept that our society/culture is not the only one and to consider the importance and relevance of other societies. We aim to develop a positive attitude to diversity within the British Isles, the European Community and the wider world.
  • Develop students' communicative skills and give them an awareness of the nature of language and to boost their literacy skills.
  • Give students a feeling of success with small, structured activities and thus to develop self-confidence.
  • Help students to achieve skills and qualifications that will be of benefit when looking for employment, or that will enable them to study further.
  • Have a positive learning environment in classrooms, recognising different learning styles so that all students can achieve to the best of their ability.
  • Enable students to develop personalised learning and thinking skills such as memorising, analysis, communication and research.
  • Provide students with opportunities to visit the target language country through exchange programmes with our partner school in Arques, France to develop their language skills and communicate with people from another country.

Key Stage 5:

In Year 12 and 13, students are able to build on knowledge and skills gained at GCSE through studying for an A Level French. The aim of the course is to:

• Prepare students for study at University
  • Deepen understanding of grammar and syntax
  • Enhance written and verbal communication skills, especially expressing considered opinions
  • Facilitate foreign travel
  • Enhance employment prospects
  • Provide and insight into another culture
  • Deepen understanding of world/social issues
  • Wide-ranging, topical subject content and variety

At The Long Eaton School we follow the AQA exam board. All units are covered in the context of the target language and comparisons are made between the situation in Britain and Francophone culture.

Course Details

Next event

see all events

Latest tweets

follow us on Twitter @TLES16
  • 20th June 2019

RT @CinderellaTles: Tickets for Wednesday and Thursday are 2 for Β£10! Make sure you buy your tickets now, all money raised is being donate...
  • 17th June 2019

RT @YoungMindsUK: πŸ’› Do something you love ✍️ Keep a diary of the positives 🎯 Set mini goals Our Activist Tara shares six ways you can boos...
  • 13th June 2019

@TrentUni @guardian Well done NTU! πŸ™Œ