Trust websites

Downloads

16+ Application Form

16+ Prospectus

Welcome to Spanish

"No hay ninguna cosa seria que no pueda decirse con una sonrisa."

Alejandro Casona

The Modern Foreign Language team aim to:

• Broaden students' horizons to accept that our society/culture is not the only one and to consider the importance and relevance of other societies. We aim to develop a positive attitude to diversity within the British Isles, the European Community and the wider world.
  • Develop students' communicative skills and give them an awareness of the nature of language and to boost their literacy skills.
  • Give students a feeling of success with small, structured activities and thus to develop self-confidence.
  • Help students to achieve skills and qualifications that will be of benefit when looking for employment, or that will enable them to study further.
  • Have a positive learning environment in classrooms, recognising different learning styles so that all students can achieve to the best of their ability.
  • Enable students to develop personalised learning and thinking skills such as memorising, analysis, communication and research.

Key Stage 5:

Year 12 students follow the AQA Spanish GCE qualification and have 9 hours per fortnight. The course encourages students to read around the topics of social issues and trends along with political and artistic culture.

Year 13 students follow the AQA Spanish GCE qualification. It will cover the environment, multi cultural society, contemporary and cultural topics.

Course Details

Next event

see all events

Latest tweets

follow us on Twitter @TLES16