Trust websites

Downloads

16+ Application Form

16+ Prospectus

Welcome to Media

"Today we are beginning to notice that the new media are not just mechanical gimmicks for creating worlds of illusion, but new languages with new and unique powers of expression."

Marshall McLuhan

At The Long Eaton School English and Media are taught using a variety of teaching and learning strategies that aim to stimulate interest in all aspects of communication, both within and beyond the classroom. At the heart of our department are dedicated and enthusiastic members of staff, offering a wide range of skills and interests. English is clearly a core subject within the school, and we believe it is also the foundation of each student's future. It is therefore paramount that we offer an appropriate challenge for all students within a supportive atmosphere.

Key Stage 5:

16+ students study the AQA Media Studies course, which explores the subject in much greater detail, again through the study of CSPs and focusing on cultural and social contexts, as well as moral and ethical issues.

30% of the course is assessment based, linked to a brief set by the Exam Board, allowing students to be creative, independent and challenged. Studying Media Studies at A Level offers an ideal stepping stone to University or a career in the media industry.

Next event

see all events

Latest tweets

follow us on Twitter @TLES16