Trust websites

Downloads

16+ Prospectus

16+ Application Form

Welcome to Health & Social Care

'The greatest wealth is health' - Virgil

BTEC L3 National Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care

BTEC L3 National Diploma in Health and Social Care

BTEC L3 National Extended Diploma (Health Studies) in Health and Social Care

To achieve the National Extended Certificate qualification (equivalent to one A level) students study for two external exams on Human Lifespan Development and Working in Health and Social Care and two coursework units, Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs and Physiological Disorders.

To achieve the National Diploma qualification (equivalent to two A levels) in addition to the units completed for the Extended Certificate students complete four further units of work including carrying out 100 hours of work experience and a synoptic exam exploring the methodologies of contemporary research.

To achieve the National Extended Diploma (Health Studies) qualification (equivalent to three A levels) in addition to the units completed for the National Diploma students complete an external exam on Anatomy and Physiology and four additional coursework units.

These courses can lead to a higher education degree courses or apprenticeships.

Many of the L3 Health and Social Care students go on to successful careers in midwifery, nursing (all areas), paramedics, primary teaching and associated careers.

Course Details

Next event

see all events

Latest tweets

follow us on Twitter @TLES16
  • 8th September 2020

It’s been great to welcome our sixth form back today! Well done everyone 😃 See you tomorrow for day two... https://t.co/XreQz4w50M
  • 4th May 2020

RT @YoungMindsUK: Self-isolation can be hard to deal with. It’s normal to feel anxious, frustrated or bored - and if you’re worried about t...
  • 30th April 2020

RT @ucas_online: Is your child confused about their future studies? How can you help? We understand that as parents you will have lots of...