Trust websites

Downloads

16+ Application Form

16+ Prospectus

Welcome to History

'Who controls the past controls the future:

who controls the present controls the past'

(George Orwell)

We believe that history is the key to understanding our individual and collective past, an understanding of which is essential for those who will shape the future. History challenges students to enquire and make judgments, whilst deploying a range of evidence to support and justify these opinions. By studying history, students come to understand the cause and consequences of historical events and their impact on the future. The History Department enjoys great success at both Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5, and as a result has a tradition of students continuing the subjects at degree level.

Key Stage 5:

Students study the two year AQA A’Level course. They complete three units; one exploring reigns of the Tudor Monarchs from 1485-1603 and the second investigating Russian history from the revolution in 1917 to the death of Stalin in 1953. During year 13 students also work on an independent historical enquiry which is assessed by an external moderator.

Course Details

Next event

see all events

Latest tweets

follow us on Twitter @TLES16
  • 23rd January 2020

RT @AmazingAppsUK: The January Parents' Pack is out and includes: #NAW2020 info, 10-step 2020 #apprenticeship plan, life as an apprentice a...
  • 20th January 2020

Y11 Interview letters are coming out this week, date has changed from initial correspondence - Apologies!
  • 17th January 2020

RT @happifulhq: Many people mistake assertiveness for confrontation, and worry they will be seen as argumentative. But it’s really about ex...