Trust websites

Downloads

16+ Application Form

16+ Prospectus

Welcome to Psychology

'The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well'

(Alfred Adler, 1870-1937)

The study of Psychology is a systematic, scientific study of human thought and behaviour. Psychologists attempt to describe, understand and predict human behaviour.

The mind is the most complex machine on earth and is the source of our thoughts and behaviour. Psychology is therefore extremely relevant to everyday life. Just some of the things that psychologists look at include child development, mental health problems, perception, emotions, personality, behaviour, memory processes and relationships. Studying Psychology further develops a broad range of skills such as critiquing research and applying Psychology to real life.

At The Long Eaton School, Psychology is taught only in the Sixth Form. The teachers of Psychology use a variety of teaching and learning strategies that aim to stimulate interest in human thought and behaviour.

Key Stage 5:

Year 12 and 13 students follow the Eduqas A Level course. In Year 12 students have 9 lessons per fortnight and in Year 13 students have 10 lessons per fortnight.

Year 12 students study for the Eduqas AS Level and study two modules: Psychology of Past to Present and Investigating Behaviour.

In Year 13, students will move onto the A Level. Here they will investigate and study the AS modules in more depth and analysis, including carrying out two personal investigations, carrying out two pieces of psychological research and analysing the results. Students will also study a third module: Implications of Psychology in the Real World, covering applications of psychology to behaviours and controversies.

Course Details

Next event

see all events

Latest tweets

follow us on Twitter @TLES16
  • 23rd January 2020

RT @AmazingAppsUK: The January Parents' Pack is out and includes: #NAW2020 info, 10-step 2020 #apprenticeship plan, life as an apprentice a...
  • 20th January 2020

Y11 Interview letters are coming out this week, date has changed from initial correspondence - Apologies!
  • 17th January 2020

RT @happifulhq: Many people mistake assertiveness for confrontation, and worry they will be seen as argumentative. But it’s really about ex...