Trust websites

Downloads

16+ Application Form

16+ Prospectus

Welcome to Religious Education

Image result for re quotes

In helping our students engage with the issues that Religious Education raises, we use a variety of different strategies. We use lots of discussion, video clips, role-play, ICT and games in our lessons, as well as taking students on trips and welcoming guest speakers to help students to empathise with the views of others and develop clarity and confidence in their own opinion.

Key Stage 5   

A Level students study the WJEC 'Contemporary Society' and 'Ethics' course. This provides an opportunity for students to consider a range of ethical and religious issues facing individuals and communities deeply, evaluate arguments and develop their own views. A broad range of topics are explored in this course including Animal Issues, Middle East Conflict, Religion in the Media and the Secularisation of Society.

Facilities:

Religious Education lessons are delivered in specialist Humanities rooms which are all fitted with digital projectors and with easy access to suites of laptops.

Next event

see all events

Latest tweets

follow us on Twitter @TLES16
  • 23rd January 2020

RT @AmazingAppsUK: The January Parents' Pack is out and includes: #NAW2020 info, 10-step 2020 #apprenticeship plan, life as an apprentice a...
  • 20th January 2020

Y11 Interview letters are coming out this week, date has changed from initial correspondence - Apologies!
  • 17th January 2020

RT @happifulhq: Many people mistake assertiveness for confrontation, and worry they will be seen as argumentative. But it’s really about ex...