Welcome to TLES Eco School. We have been in existence for over 20 years, holding both the Green Flag and Eco Ambassador awards during this time.
So, what is an Eco School?
"Eco-Schools is an international award programme that guides school on their sustainable journey, providing a simple framework to help make sustainability an integral part of school life. Eco-Schools can help enhance the curriculum and get the whole school united behind something important." For more information please go to the Eco-Schools website.
What does this mean for The Long Eaton School?
Being part of Eco Schools means that we can prepare all our students for the future, ensuring they will have care and respect for the environment we live in.
What is our Eco Code?
We will care and respect for ourselves, others and the environment. By caring for the environment, we are looking after the world for tomorrow.
Activities & Events
Below are a few of the events and groups our students have ben involved with:
- Weekly Eco Lunch Club Activities (open to all Year groups)
- MICCI Project (Moorland Climate Change Indicator - Peak District)
- Annual residential via Field Studies Council Grants
- Keep Britain Tidy
- Fairtrade Fortnight
- Annual Eco Day
- Severn Trent Water Educational Visits
- Veolia Waste Educational Visits
- Waste Watchers Project - Derbyshire County Council
- Derbyshire Wildlife Trust
- Long Eaton Rotary Club - Rotary Interactors