The Careers and Employability strategy at The Long Eaton School aims to:
- Aid social mobility by providing the careers and employability skills, knowledge, experience, advice and guidance that students require.
- Inspire students in order to raise academic achievement.
- Provide students with knowledge of all futures pathways including higher education and apprenticeships.
- Equip students with and provide evidence of the skills needed to succeed in their future pathways and prepare students for jobs that may not yet exist.
- Allow students multiple opportunities to engage with local employers and further education providers.
- Ensure students experience the world of work.
- Provide students with knowledge of the local labour market and explore opportunities within growth sectors.
- Embed work related learning within subject areas.
- Ensure students have quality advice and guidance at key points of transition.