In keeping with our commitment to provide students with outstanding career guidance and tailored support when choosing their next steps after school, at The Long Eaton School we have invested in Unifrog, an award-winning, online careers platform. All students in Years 7 – 13 have access to this excellent website.
Unifrog brings into one place every undergraduate university course, apprenticeship, and college course in the UK, as well as other opportunities, such as School Leaver Programmes, MOOCs and every college at Oxford and Cambridge. This makes it easy for students to compare and choose the best university courses, apprenticeships, or further education courses for them. They can also explore exciting opportunities further afield by looking at English-taught undergraduate programmes available in Europe and the USA.
Additionally, the platform helps students successfully apply for these opportunities by using Unifrog to write their personal statements, applications and CVs and guiding them through the process, allowing teachers to give live feedback.
Explore how interests lead to different education and training pathways. See what steps need to be ticked off to stand the best chance of application success. Study expert guides explaining how to navigate each step in the application process. Use MOOCs to try out different subject areas.
- Over 1000 career profiles
- Presents information from a range of sources
- Includes qualifications and skills needed, interviews with industry professionals, and labour market information.
- Explores progression opportunities and what a working week looks like.
Compare every US university, every undergraduate course in the UK, every undergraduate programme taught in English in Europe, as well as opportunities in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. Compare every UK degree apprenticeship and School Leaver Programme, and every Oxbridge college and FE college course.
- Students can enter their subject of interest and projected grades to see all relevant university courses available in the UK
- Rank and filter opportunities by factors like hours of lectures, price of accommodation and graduate job rates
- Get direct links to university information pages, with impartial information on courses and institutions
- Save unlimited shortlists to refer back to later.
- Students can find live apprenticeship vacancies which are updated daily
- Rank and filter opportunities by factors like distance from home, weekly wage, and application deadlines
- Direct link to the ‘apply’ page
- Each apprenticeship vacancy includes practical information about the opportunity, employer, and training
- Save unlimited shortlists to refer back to later
One place to collaboratively draft all the materials needed for applications – from the Common App Essay to UK Personal Statements, from US Letters of Recommendation to Subject References. Best-practice guidance, multi-teacher feedback, and complete version histories.
- Includes £5 million worth of grants, bursaries, scholarships, contextual offers and extracurricular activities
- These can be filtered by circumstances or characteristics, depending on the access requirements of the opportunity
- Includes direct links for applying
- Unlimited shortlists can be created and referred back to
Video Link: Students | An Introduction to Unifrog
Video Link: Parents | An Introduction to Unifrog