Unfortunately, due to staffing and maintenance, the Malcolm Parry Observatory at The Long Eaton School is currently closed. We will update this page and our blog when it becomes possible to reopen to visitors again.
Previously hosted events and outreach activities held throughout the year have included:
- Stargazing Live – a showcase event with outside speakers and exhibitor plus lots of hands-on activities and observing.
- ‘Young Stargazer’ evening visits – suitable for most age groups. These sessions compliment most ‘Stargazing’ badges offered by groups such as Scouts and Brownies.
- Daytime School Visits – visits during normal school hours for school visits. Occurred in the summer term as the weather is more likely to be favourable for Solar Observing.
- Family Astronomy Night – monthly event held during term time, an open dome aimed at younger audiences which included a small talk and hands-on activities.
- Community Open Dome – monthly event held during term time, an open dome for adult audiences which includes a talk on an astronomical topic followed by an observing session.