We want our students to look back on a joyful schooling which has inspired and challenged them, given wide opportunity and prepared them for life’s broad experiences. As such, we have devised ‘The TLES Pledge’ with our core values Respect, Ambition, Academic Excellence & Community at the heart of everything we do.
The TLES Pledge sets our expectations for the wider opportunities that each pupil will access during their time at The Long Eaton School. Our pledge aims to expose pupils to experiences they would never otherwise receive, giving the opportunity to do new and exciting activities outside of school and the local community, and meet other children from other regions. Students will complete the pledge at least once before the end of their time with us.
The TLES Pledge is as follows:
- Attend a residential visit
- Explore your local region through a variety of cultural experiences
- Opportunity to be creative through exploring the arts.
- Listen to an inspirational speaker
- Attend or represent the school in an artistic, cultural or sporting event
- Represent the school at a public facing event
- Develop confidence through leadership
- Help others by volunteering with fundraising or enterprise activities
- Develop your love for reading
- Experience university or workplace life
In addition to the above, students have the opportunity to access 40 extra-curricular clubs each fortnight. These clubs are linked to a wide range of curriculum areas and offer all students a chance to participate.