Year 11 and 13 Mock Exams Feb/March 2023:
Spring 2023 Year 11 Mock Exams Timetable
Spring 2023 Year 13 Mock Exams Timetable
Year 11 and Year 13 are taking mock exams in most subjects after the half term break. These are the timetables for both sets of mock exams for students and their parents so revision can be planned and exams prepared for. Please note the following:
- Morning exams start at 08.45 – Students should go to registration and then straight to line up outside the Sports Hall once registered.
- Afternoon exams start at 13.00 – Students will be having an early lunch from the start of Period 4 but should register at their period 4 lesson prior to going to lunch. Students should line up outside the Sports Hall from 12.45.
- All students with Access Arrangements should meet their invigilator in the Yellow Social Area and not line up outside the Sports Hall. They should, however, follow the usual procedure of registering with tutors for a morning exam and/or their Period 4 lesson teacher prior to proceeding to the Yellow Social Area.
- Students should put any electronic devices – e.g. mobile phones, watches, tablets, portable music players etc. – into their bag, switched off and placed away from them in the exam room.
- Students should only have the equipment they need for the exam on their desk. They are allowed a clear plastic water bottle with clear fluid in it with all labels removed, no food should be on the exam desk.
- Normal school rules about uniform should be observed and coats taken off and left with bags at the back of the hall or exam room.
- If a student is unable to sit an exam due to illness, the parent/carer should inform the school by 08.00 on the day. For mocks a catch up session will be organised for students unable to attend an exam. Unfortunately for real exams, this cannot happen. Other JCQ approved procedures are followed in that instance.
GCSE and A-Level Certificate Collections
GCSE and A-Level Certificates for students who sat exams in Summer 2022 are now available to collect from reception. They can be collected during school opening hours. Please bring along a photo-ID in order to collect your certificates.
We also still have some uncollected certificates from summer 2021 which are also available for collection from reception.
If you have an enquiry about older exam certificates or exam results please contact the exam boards directly at the below websites:
Letter from Ofqual re Arrangements for this year.
JCQ guidance document for students, parents and guardians for GCSEs for Summer 2021.
Click here to view the JCQ Guidance for students, parents and guardians: GCSE and AS/A Levels in England (Summer 2021)
JCQ Page for all Summer Exams Advance Information
Dept for Education Subject by Subject Guide.
Please click here to access JCQ information for students.
Determining Teacher Assessed Grades
Ofqual have produced a Student guide to awarding for summer 2021. Please click here to view it. The Department for Education has also written a blog intended to help students and their families understand how this year’s assessment process works. Please click here to view it.
Please click here to go to view our centre policy for determining teacher assessed grades in Summer 2021.
Exam Information Book
Please click here for the Exam Information for Students 2020/21.